Monday, September 26, 2016

Fall

This week was definitely Fall.  Not only did it go from 85 degree weather to 45 degree weather overnight, but 4 of our 6 people were sick over the week and it snowed in the mountains.  Always exciting in Utah.  During the last week there were 2 tornados in Utah, flooding and lots of hail/rain.  But this weekend was pretty.  Saturday we went to a bridal shower for my cousin, yay!  Then my family had a bbque. That was fun to see Sharon with her big preggos belly.  She's 35 weeks and hanging in there.  Then we banished the boys to my house while we watched Womens Conference with all the girls here.  We were sad that Sophie wasn't feeling good and couldn't join us, but the girls had fun hanging out together (Emma and Ada) and they did a fair job at listening too.  Sunday, I've officially been called as the Ward organist again.  I LOVE this calling.  I've done it for 7 years, and I look forward to doing it again for a while... whether that's 6 months or another 7 years.  It's a fun one.  I also did my last ward bulletin this Sunday.  I did that one for 2 years.  I hadn't realized it was so long, but that's how many bulletins I have on my computer.  Kind of funny.  After church, we went to look at the fall leaves.  We usually go up Squaw Peak.  It was different this time... really muddy and slippery, and half the leaves were gone from windy and rainy storms this last week.  It was still pretty, just not as vibrant as usual. 








Ada took this one.




Sam took this one...

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love all of the pictures! I am so glad that Utah is getting some rain and snow. We have been pretty rainy all of September and fall came here too, though not as strikingly. Instead of being in the upper 80's and lower 90's, it is in the upper 70's lower 80's and it feels so much better.

Jenny H said...

Your trees changed before us, and snow before us too! Those shots look gorgeous.