Thursday, August 11, 2016

Seth's 2

My baby is officially 2.  I love him, he's a pill, and that's okay.  He's officially into the tantrums.  But honestly, for the kid that was the hardest to get pregnant with, stay pregnant with, give birth to, hardest baby, hardest kid to go to nursery... hardest toddler doesn't surprise me.  I'm expecting it will get better as he talks more... just like he cried less once he could get around on his own.  He talks, but not as much as the other kids did at this point.  Here are a few of the things that says consistently:

Choo-choo
Go
Dog
Cat
Dad
Ma
Ada
Grandpa
Grandma
Pooh (He likes Winnie the Pooh)
Car
Truck
Train
Tractor
Baa
Moo
Meow
Woof
Train track
Chocolate
Bunny (thun-thun)
Seth (teth)
Nella
Shoe
Sock
down
uh-uh
ah-oh
water
Hey
Food
Cup
Apple (which he uses for any fruit)
Wow!
Oh (for okay)
Boat
Bum (for diaper)
and my favorite question ".... go?" with a shrug and hands out with palms up.  He'll ask where Dad went, where certain toys are, where the cat is, where something went that he dropped...

Can you tell who's kid he is?  Chocolate, trains and food? 

He got the boat one from me.  When I take him out on a kayak, he very willingly will wear a floatie and say, "Boat go?"

He's sleeping in his toddler bed really well after a brief regression where he wanted his crib.  His favorite things are a blanket from Grandma Robertson and a stuffed bunny the size that he is.  Favorite foods are chocolate milk, apples, cantaloupe, watermelon, water, bread and spaghetti.  His favorite things to do are watch Thomas the Tank Engine, play with his toy trains and trucks, sit with mom and read books, play with his cat and dog, and wrestle with Dad. 

He thinks he should have his way all the time, and gives the best hugs and cuddles ever... including patting me on the back while hugging me.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Agreed--I love how he pats you while giving a hug