Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Sealings

Speaking of Temple Sealings.  One that I don't think I ever wrote about was the sealing of my Mamina and Papillo.  After my mission, I was accompanying the High Priest speaker in another ward.  One of the ward members, the mother of a girl I went to school with (Missy Carr), came to me and asked if I was interested in a job.  For the next few months I cleaned house, washed laundry, cooked for, helped with physical therapy, entertained and generally kept an eye on the woman's parents that were living in her basement.  They only spoke spanish and I loved the chance to continue to use mine.  The mother, Mamina, was just recovering from a bout of cancer. Papillo was older and had a hard time getting anywhere except from his bed to the living room and back.  I fell in love with this sweet couple, especially Mamina.  She was a tiny little lady with big hugs and praise.  She had just gone through the temple for her endowments months before being diagnosed with cancer. She taught me a lot of yummy foods to cook, lentil soup being my favorite.  She called me her Angel.  When I started school again, my schedule was such that I couldn't keep looking after them and had to find someone else.  A year later, Papillo had passed away and Jer and I got engaged.  A year after that, I was invited to come to their sealing.  Never have I walked into a room and been absolutely overwhelmed by the Spirit before!  They were sealed to each other and to three of their four daughters.  I could just feel the love that God has for this sweet lady and the joy that their family past and future had at being joined together.  I am so blessed to have been able to see their joy.

No comments: