Saturday, August 20, 2016

More Evelyn

Tonight Evelyn told Uncle Seth, "No you can't tickle me because my feet are shy."

Baby Seth smacked Evelyn on the head with a toy the other day.  She looked at me very seriously and said, "I wish that we were twins.  Then he wouldn't hurt me.  We'd hurt everyone else."

Yeah, sometimes I don't get how her thoughts work, but she sure keeps me entertained. We went to her Kindergarten assessment on Friday.  I was afraid that she'd be a stinker and refuse to do whatever the teacher asked.  But she very sweetly answered all the questions asked and did really well.  I wish I'd thought to review the stuff we were working on, but I've been kind of scatter brained lately.  Even so, Evelyn recognized all the letters, knew their sounds, counted to 40 and only missed 2 numbers, could write her name and the numbers while holding her pencil the right way.  She even identified words that rhymed.  She's so excited for school that she beams. 

My sister Sharon had a baby shower today.  It's soooo good to see that she's doing so well.  Ada wanted to make cupcakes for it.  She baked and decorated.  She boxed them up and carried them to the car.  She saw one had fallen over in the car, so she stuck them on the hood of the car to fix the one and ended up knocking three of them onto the gravel.  I helped her close it back up and tried to usher her into the house.  She was so sad, but luckily she got distracted very quickly. 

No comments: