Monday, May 9, 2016

Friends

There is nothing more rewarding than helping your friends and family.  Occasionally, those times are unexpected.  My friend is an only child of an only child.  Her mom died a couple of years ago, so now it's just her and her dad.  She was asked to play her trombone at her Grandfather's funeral and needed someone to accompany her.  I haven't done anything like that for years, but I felt like I could do this.  It was neat to see how tenderly she and her dad loved her grandpa.  He seemed like a very special man.  When we got up to play, I felt at peace and she did a marvelous job despite tears.  Her grandpa was there for her that day, and maybe her mom as well. 

One comment made by her dad was awesome.  Her grandpa was a gardener, and her dad was listening to one of those radio gardening shows.  His comment was, "They said that after all the rain we've had in the last couple of days that today was a good day to plant flowers."  (Their last name is flowers).

I'm grateful that my parents gave me tools and helped me develop talents that let me help my friends and that give me opportunities to feel the Spirit.

1 comment:

Jenny H said...

I like that saying too. I am sure you both were beautiful.