Saturday, October 3, 2015

Wednesday

Wednesday, my cousin and I went to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in San Jose.  Wow!  The gardens were stunning even in the middle of their drought, and the museum was very well organized with lots to read and look at.  Very highly recommended!  I enjoyed discussing art, history, Egypt, pharaohs, and church doctrine with my cousin.  If we lived closer, I would love to get together more often.  I feel like I have a lot to learn and a lot of fun to share with her.  It was fun to notice that one of the sidewalks around a statue was in the shape of an ankh.  It was neat to see the Mesopotamian things that they had collected as well since that was what my main Art History professor had her focus in... Syria, Assyria, Mesopotamia....
 
After dropping off Eowyn, I went to pick up Jer from the hotel.  We were going to leave to start heading home, but one of his co-workers was stuck in the hotel one more night so we took him to go eat sushi.  Delicious, but I definitely ate toooooo much.  Then we dropped him off at the hotel and started on our way up through San Francisco and out.  We made a quick detour for shakes at Ghirardelli Square and made it to North Sacramento for the night.
 
Thursday, we drove all day and even got stuck behind two different accidents because of tons of rain and lightning.  There was about 2 1/2 hours worth of delays... yuck.  But there was something very surreal about driving over the Salt Flats with the pouring rain and huge bolts of lightning.


I tried to get at least one picture of us together before I left.... yeah, I accidently bumped the camera and it focused on the ground in front of us, but here we are!  Thankfully, it started raining right after this.  California needs all they can get!


No comments: