Monday, August 17, 2015

First day of school

These two were sooooo excited to both be in full day school this year.  Ada said, "Sam!  Now we can play during recess every day instead of just on Fridays!"  Sam's new teacher was Ada's reading teacher last year and we're excited to work with her again this year.  Ada's teacher is new but has two grown up kids of her own.  I think this will be a good year.  Jer stayed home for an extra hour this morning so that he could give kids their school blessings and I could take them to school instead of them riding with their carpool.  It was fun to have him around while we got them off.   Ada had her outfit picked out and laid out last night.  Sam woke up early this morning and searched for his lunch box.  When I asked him where his school clothes were... he said he's been wearing them so they aren't in the drawer where we usually keep his school clothes.  Hmmmm. 
 
This year will be really different.  I don't have to pick up a kindergartener in the middle of the day and I don't have a newborn.  It will be nice to spend some one on one time with Evelyn and maybe we can teach her to read.  And since I will be getting up with kids to get them off to school and I have 1-2 hours before the younger two wake up, I have my choice.  Work on my scanning projects, cleaning projects, exercise or shower.  Maybe a combination of them.  I'm not sure which to choose... weird.



No comments: