Thursday, June 5, 2014

Memorial Day

So, considering I'm always a day late and a dollar short, a post about a week late isn't too bad.

Memorial Day this year was fun.  We painted our new porch extension with the kids... they loved it, especially Evelyn.  Ada liked that she could reach higher than the other two kids.  After that, we went with my parents to my Dad's parents graves.  It was a really good example for the kids of what Memorial Day is.  A day when we remember our ancestors, like my Grandma Val, who they remember.  Also a day to remember those that have served in the military in any form, like my Grandpa Ray, who was a soldier in WWII.  My dad told stories about my Grandpa as a soldier, we looked across the street to where my Grandma was an elementary school teacher, and we saw the graves of my great-uncle, great-aunt, great-grandparents, and a few others. 






No comments: