Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Kindergarten graduation

Ada's a graduate... They had a Kindergarten Graduation program this morning.  The kids were all so cute... gotta say that I loved watching Ada the best.  She was enthusiastic to sing all the songs they'd prepared, show me her year scrapbook, take pictures with her teachers (I was a dork and forgot to put the SD card back in my camera... at least Jer and my mom had their phone and ipod to take pictures with.  I'll post ones from my mom's when I get them.)  Afterwards, we invited whoever wanted to come and jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler under it.  Ada absolutely loved having her friends over at our house.  We had a good 10 or so come.  It was fun to see them play.  Tomorrow, she gets to find out which friends are probably going to move on with her into the same first grade class.  I'll be interested to see what she says. 

On a similar note, this last week has been one of firsts.  Last Friday night, Ada learned to ride a bike without training wheels. (She could have done it long ago, but she didn't have any motivation to.  Friday she saw Sam's friend, Blake, doing it and she asked to try on his bike,)  And yesterday marked the first swimming class for all three kiddos... Evelyn and Sam kept begging for more.  Ada put her face right in the water without plugging her nose.  Sam and Ada also had their first T-Ball practice.  I was just going to put Sam in T-Ball with three of his buddies from our ward, but we got to the practice and they only had 6 of the 12 spots filled... Ada and the coach asked if she could join the team.  So we did.  They had fun. 







No comments: