Saturday, February 8, 2014

Couch potato

So, I've been stuck in bed for almost a week.  I HATE it!  How do people do this long term?  I've read 5 books, watched 4 movies, read countless books to kiddos, played Nintendo with Sam.  While the extra kid time is fun, I'm having a hard time letting people do everything for me.  Here's to hoping I'm up and at em soon. 

Happier note....
Evelyn says, "Amen!" when we finish reading a book together.
Sam asked the other day if we were going to be watching the rainbow rings movie.  It took me a while to realize he was talking about the Olympics.... and then it really hit me that since my kids watch movies, not tv, they have no concept of the fact that it's live on the other side of the world... not a movie.  Huh.
Ada is doing awesomely in school, but I realized that her classes don't let Kindergarteners be kids very well.  They expect them to sit quietly, with only 15 mins of wiggle time worked into the 3 hour day.  If they aren't behaving, instead of planning some wiggle room, they make them practice walking quietly in the hallway.  Sheesh... They are just kids you know.  No wonder Ada is getting tired of school already.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I am so sorry that you have been so sick. I hope you can get up and around soon.

Wow that is a stinky way to do kindergarten! I have no idea what my school does. I will ask at the next parent/teacher conference. I can't see Joseph handling that very well.

Jenny said...

Our kindergarten has some more active activities but yep - welcome to the new curriculum. I swear second grade became kindergarten. Hope you get better soon!